rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lupe Fiasco Speaks on The Zimmerman Verdict

Lupe Fiasco Speaks on The Zimmerman Verdict

Quote: (07-15-2013 02:35 AM)Athlone McGinnis Wrote:  

Quote: (07-15-2013 02:17 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I don't think anyone would argue that this isn't a problem. I think what caused the eruption with the Zimmerman case is that he did what he did and wasn't arrested. Now if there's an incident of black on black violence and the cops catch the perpetrators, somebody is going the fuck to jail that night. That Zimmerman didn't go to jail given that he killed an unarmed teen is what caused the anger. Especially when it's perceived that the the races of the those involved had something to do with the outcome.

While that's not an invalid point, I still don't see it bridging the gap between the outrage expressed at Trayvon's loss and the loss of so many other young teens for even less.

Also, many of the perpetrators of the gang violence I'm talking about run free all the time. They are protected by their local communities (who hate the police) and put on a pedestal by popular culture. Maybe Zimmerman was given a free pass he didn't deserve, but so are many troublemakers in the black community.

Why aren't African-Americans as anxious to eradicate these gangsters and their culture as they are to see Zimmerman put in jail?

I think the fact that most of the people being killed are "about that life" is why there such apathy towards black on black violence in the Black community. Of course is terrible when a innocent gets shot/killed and people do vigils whenever a kid or innocent gets killed but the media just doesn't cover it. I remember reading a New York Times article that state above 90% of the victims of shooting had criminal records. I can tell you from personal experience whenever a shit head in my neighborhood got shot, I wasn't really too heart broken about it. The way I looked at it, now two shit heads are out of the streets, the one who got shot and the shooter.

I know the media went a little overboard with that whole "No Snitching" meme that Dipset was promoting. They made it sound like it was something that was part of Black culture. I remember when Cam'ron went on 60 minutes and trolled Leslie Stahl hard by saying that if a serial killer lived next to him he wouldn't snitch on him. LOL. Blacks have been snitching on other Blacks since the slavery days.

As for eradicating the goon culture that already been tried.
all you have to do is look at who owns the media conglomerates who promote that shit. Backpack rappers really get no radio play or their videos on BET. In the 90's there was an effort by the Black leadership spearheaded by Delores tucker to go after the media companies but it backfired. Rappers are actually under very tight leash and there is no such thing as free speech in Hip Hop. Like Nas said "I spit that real shit and y'all won't buy the record."

Black crime could be eliminated if there was a political will to do it but there isn't. Too many people making money off it. Everybody from the police to the Greek diner who has the contract to provide the bologna cheese sandwiches for local jails. Something as simple as expunging old convictions would help a lot. A lot of Black males who did dumb shit when they were 16 and got a felony conviction are forever blacklisted from the job market. So, even if they wanted to do the right thing, they can't. This really helps lower class Whites, immigrants and Black women because now Black male are barred from competing for those jobs.

I could go on and on about it, but it is what it is.

Messages In This Thread