rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tricks for talking slower?

Tricks for talking slower?

Quote: (07-12-2013 04:03 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

One thing that helped me with clarity and pace, was to pretend I was talking to the person over a radio. When you talk on radios you naturally tend to enunciate better because the person can't see your body language. So you voice has to carry more meaning. Also, when you're on a radio it's generally because you're doing something like construction, trucking, etc so you tend to pay attention more to your words. In your mind, just pretend that the person you're talking to can't see you and every sentence you're saying is very important. You won't glossoveryourself or stringwordstogether because you'll be speaking clearer.

this is probably my favorite suggestion. i actually had a similar insight -- which i had forgotten about -- which was pretend that english wasn't their first language, because i have actually had that issue, speaking with spanish girls who wanted to speak in english (i speak spanish) but who didn't speak english very well, so i had to go slow.

i also record myself, but not every day, i should do that, every day. what happens is just that i think fast, and also get nervous, i don't like attention on me, so i speed up.

but i think really imagining that they don't speak english well, i think that is the best one for me, or on a long distance call.

love that, thanks everybody.

Messages In This Thread