rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Understanding "creepy"

Understanding "creepy"

Quote: (07-06-2013 03:46 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

Quote: (07-06-2013 01:40 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

a

I also disagree with this weird fixation on the State. I haven't had a cop or any other bureaucrat say a single word to me in about a year. If I am thinking about them all the time, or feeling them as an omnipotent, malevolent presence, I'm doing that to myself. Almost all the cops I've ever dealt with were there because I was going 80 in a 55 or something, they clearly were doing their job. If you're reading about Snowden and thinking it applies to you significantly, you might as well be reading 1001 Nights and taking it literally, that's how far that battleground is from you unless you choose to be involved in politics.

If you're willing to pay every tax and charge and cost imposed on you, submit to every regulation no matter how intrusive and controlling, don't mind the government collecting all of your private electronic communications, are fine with the government having all of your medical records (Obamacare does that) and deciding what your medical care will and will not be, won't say anything when the tax and bureaucratic regulatory authorities are used to persecute those who speak out against encroaching government, won't object when the government controls the use of the thermostat and appliances in your home and and monitors activities in your home (see smart meters), think the federal goverment creating a fearsome internal security system is ok with you,and generally keep quiet and don't challenge anything that's being done to you, why should agents of the State bother you?

The government doesn't waste resources going after the obedient who do what they're told,keep quiet and never threaten the power of the elites or the dominant ideology by speaking out or organizing, and pay whatever is demanded; it's only when someone becomes a problem child that the enormous coercive power of the state is used against them

All of this may be true.

Everything is of the rich, for the rich, and by the rich, it was long before I was here, and will be that way long after I'm gone.

Don't complain to someone who can't do anything about it.

(From EST or Scientology I think.)

I want nothing to do with politics except I might vote for you if you run!!
You're welcome to it if you want to change anything. Explain your platform, run for office, maybe I'll vote for you as the candidate for the Anti-Surveillance party!

Messages In This Thread