rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

43 year old woman told to leave pool says she was discriminated against
3 year old woman told to leave pool says she was discriminated against
Quote: (07-06-2013 01:02 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

This is such an American problem. In Europe, topless beaches are prevalent, and of course, kids see public nudity early on. A Spanish woman I used to see used to go topless when she returned to Spain, in front of her kids. If they had been raised there it wouldn't have been a big deal, but because they were raised here, they saw mom going topless as a big deal as they got older. Finally, before returning to Spain one summer, one of her sons asked, "Are you going to take off your top on the beach this summer mom?" That's was her cue to stop going topless in front of the kids. Obviously, in Brazil, the bikini bottoms some women wear are a small triangle to cover their slits, with some string to hold in in place. The thong bottoms don't cover much more. And on Copacabana Beach, some also go topless. I know we're too far along to kill the prudishness in our society, but it won't kill kids to see someone in a bikini. Their problem with this woman is more about how she's built, and not how much the bikini bottom is covering. If she were less voluptuous, they wouldn't have wanted her to cover up. Those bottoms are high-cut on the sides, but the coverage in back appears adequate to me. Considering our cultural mores, she probably should have worn a sarong around her waist.

Sorry Timoteo - but an "American problem?" Really?

I'm pretty sure there are quite a few cultures outside of America in which women going topless is frowned upon...Hell, here in Thailand, even men going topless is frowned upon outside of the most touristy places...I remember getting flagged down by cops with a Thai buddy one time when our shirts were off and the cops making us put them back on, remarking it was impolite; all the tourists get away with it in the most tourist places but they've been known to be clueless so people let it slide, and if they really believe it's not frowned on away from the beach they're only fooling themselves.

Anyhow, aside from the fact that many cultures beyond America find it inappropriate, and I'm sure I'm quite alone in this sentiment as far as this forum goes, I personally feel modesty is an underrated cultural virtue and getting it back could do us some good. Maybe I'm just a prude at heart...I was raised by free-spirit biker/hippy women and no father in sight, so it was hardly my culture that inspired this thinking...but no one can deny that a woman's chest is more sexual than a man's.

The idea that it's not is, in my opinion, feminist brainwashing at its finest.

Just because something is European doesn't make it right.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread