rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best long-weekend destinations outside the U.S. (with limited spanish skills)

Best long-weekend destinations outside the U.S. (with limited spanish skills)

I've studied Brazilian Portuguese for months, but it appears that a Brazil trip is not in the cards for a while. I just can't get away from work long enough to make that trip worthwhile.

Now I'm basically trying to plan out a Labor day weekend trip to a closer S.A. or C.A. location, even though my Spanish is non-existent.

Since I only have from Sept 2nd - 6th, I would really appreciate some help in picking a good location. I have traveled across Europe, but this will be my first trip south.

I'm not looking to explore ruins or take bus trips across cities. I just want to find one good location and spend 4 days/nights hitting on lots of attractive women, drinking, walking the city, and enjoying no work. Being within a reasonable distance to a beach would be a plus, but not a big concern. The women and the nightlife are my biggest concerns, and the city being "in season" as opposed to someone later saying, "You should have been there in May or later in December" type of thing. College towns/vacation spots for locals are a huge plus as well. I will be staying at a nice hotel wherever I go, so obviously I don't want to end up around ladies that would almost never consider a ONS.

The big issue is that I will have to rely on my looks, body language, and the girls ability to understand/speak some English. I'm not expecting her to be fluent but I need something to work with. I will put as much effort as possible into learning some Spanish before I go, even though it will start blending with my Portuguese.

As a 27 yr old white American, what do you consider my best option?

Is Colombia out of the question? If not, is Medellin better or should I try my luck in Periera with the group heading that way? Or some other town? Is Spanish a must in one city but not necessarily in another?

Is Mexico a good choice? If so, is Guadalajara best or somewhere else? Where is English understood and spoken enough by locals to give me a chance? Am I better off just going to Puerto Vallarta this time and working on my Spanish before trying other areas?

Where else would you recommend?

Mixx, would you mind following up on something you posted a while back.

"If you are a decent looking gringo (white blue/green eyed dude whith limited spanish skills) You will get laid easier in Brazil, Honduras/El Salvador (definitely anywhere in C.A), and Panama, and please do yourself a favor and go to El Salvador, you will fly back home in a wheelchair from all the sex you will have!

Mexico is good for gringos too, but Mexican women are used to seeing gringos get hammered during spring break and Gringos are not really a novelty as a Spaniard or Puerto Rican in Mexico. However, you will still get laid....so have fun."

Messages In This Thread