rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to ask more money at work?

How to ask more money at work?

I mentioned this in my ROK article (link below).

My take is that yes you need to figure out your value first. BUT, you need to get out and go interview for a bunch of positions. Go all the way to the offer if you can and see what that salary number is. That's your value - the ability to get a job and also that number.

I mean yes, you may like your current job but be more willing to get out of your COMFORT ZONE and be ready to leave. Question why you're staying. Most guys I talk to, it's comfort and stability that keeps them there. Not drive or risk.

Let your boss know that you "really like working here but have to think about your future goals blah blah.." Then watch how the forces of the labor market align themselves in your favor without you asking for a raise.

This is just one way but one I prefer in my industry. I don't see why you can't apply it in others.

Messages In This Thread