rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving longterm to SE Asia

Moving longterm to SE Asia

Quote: (06-30-2013 09:25 AM)pegador Wrote:  

Quote: (06-28-2013 08:06 PM)Seadog Wrote:  

I'm thinking potentially of getting a place in Bali, the other option would be to be boring and just set up in Canada or Australia.

You mentioned avoiding Australia, but I would consider it. I have a friend who lives in Sydney and travels every other weekend somewhere new in SE Asia. Last month he was in Manila, the month before in South Korea and given from his facebook this weekend, he's in Kuala Lumpur at the moment. In Australia you'd have all the amenities of living in a western country and language wouldn't be a problem.

Sorry? That's exactly why I'm considering it. It's expensive, the women have the typical problems of the west, it's a bit of a nanny state where you can't do what you want, and everyone else knows what's best for you, but then at the same time, you have rule of law, good roads, good places to spend money, can confidently buy things knowing you wont get ripped off. I put it in the same category as Canada as I fell while it has a lot of great things, it's a bit of a cop out. The easy road.

Messages In This Thread