rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Moving longterm to SE Asia

Moving longterm to SE Asia

Quote: (06-29-2013 03:52 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

The food is varied, rich and delicious and healthy. The beef is among the very best in the world. The drinks are among the very best in the world. The tropical juices are simply unbeatable as there a ton of fruits there that are only native of Brasil and have no names in any other languages than Portuguese!

One thing I really miss about Brasil is the food. Brasilian cuisine is as diverse as Brasil itself. Amazonas, Nordeste, Centroeste, Minas Gerais, Sul, ect, all those regions have their own culinary specialities.

Just thinking about the fabulous Goias churrascos(especially the picanha, the king of beef cuts!), the feijoada, the delicious Amazona comida (maniçoba, pato no tucupi, vatapa or the incredibly tasty amazonian fishes) cooked with manioc, the Bahianese moqueca, the Minas feijao tropeiro, the Nordeste carne de sol, the Mato Grosso delicious fish (Pacu, Pintado or Dourado) soups, and all the other succulent regional specialities from Sao Luis, Vitoria (the moqueca capixaba is maybe even better than the Bahia's one IMO), Belem, ect ect, I have my mouth watering.

And as you say, the abundance of strange (cupiaçu, bacuri, acai, ect) and tasty fruits is also unbelievable. In Belem, I have literally spent hours sipping fresh sucos at the outdoor bars of Praca da Republica, Docas or Ver-O-Peso. Great memories.

Brasilian cuisine is for me n°1. And beside "estupidamente geladas" cervejas, what is better to accompany brasilian cuisine than some caipirinhas exoticas with strawberry, kiwi, grape (caipi-uva, my fav), maracuja, ect ?

Messages In This Thread