rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tip: Keep a Journal

Tip: Keep a Journal

As this is one of my New Year's commitments, time to bump this thread.

Some additional insight: thread-40151.html

Now, some questions:

Of those of you who are keeping a journal, which method are you using? Digital or old fashioned paper?

Part of me rather enjoys the old-fashioned nature of writing in a phsyical book, and it is easier to scribble on. You also don't need to boot up your computer or cell phone each time you want to add a note. If you journal at night before bedtime, it is best to unwind, and getting back on our devices defeats that purpose. Journaling in a paper book I think is a good accountability method. It also gives you an opportunity to account for your time and how you spend it.

The digital journal has the advantage of being faster (assuming you're fast typist), plus you can add multimedia to it. For the Big Picture Ideas, I'm now using Evernote, which is available on iOS, Andriod and Windows/Web versions. You can quickly add a picture and embed it as part of your notes. Each file you create is its own "notebook" so it is easy to keep track of your thoughts. It is certainly more organized than a paper journal. That's why for business planning, or setting general goals or trying to work out concrete ideas, I think a digital journal works best.

I'm going to stick to the paper journal more so to keep records of No Fap, hitting the gym, introspection, prayer, etc.

Also, are there any notebook publishers that have nice covers on them that you can buy in bulk? I'd love a Costco size pack of personal notebooks with nice leather or faux leather binding on them. My goal is to create a collection of writings that I can share perhaps as "wisdom for a son" once I have my own child. Anyone found a good price on quality notebooks in bulk? I've also thought about using 3 ring binders with cheap binder paper, but that's more clumsy due to the larger size, plus not nearly as polished looking.

Chime in, any ideas?

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Messages In This Thread