rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I buy an unlimited stand-by yearly flight pass?

Should I buy an unlimited stand-by yearly flight pass?

Quote: (06-28-2013 01:01 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

To be honest I think people devote too much time trying to get their plane tix down in cost and then neglect the same diligence on getting their lodging costs down. The latter will usually beat out the former by far.

Exactly. This is an important consideration. Even if you have the increased ability to travel on some sort of standby pass, consider the fact that there are other significant costs associated with travel (lodging, food, transportation, entertainment, incidentals). The more you travel, the more those costs go up. Are you really going to be able to do many trips throughout the year in which you can afford a logistically sound spot in whatever towns you roll through? You're going to really have to plan carefully and ensure that you have the right work and home setup that is conducive to that sort of lifestlye (i.e. renting out your place at home on airbnb when you're not staying there, etc).

Messages In This Thread