rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I buy an unlimited stand-by yearly flight pass?

Should I buy an unlimited stand-by yearly flight pass?

Quote: (06-27-2013 05:43 AM)Bolthouse Wrote:  

I had an opportunity to get a buddy pass on United a few months ago and declined. For me, the math didn't make sense. I still would've had to pay taxes of $700+ for LAX-LHR roundtrip, and $900 for LAX-RIO. Then factoring in the burden of not having a confirmed seat was a dealbreaker.

At those prices, you can fly coach if you get a decent fare from travelzoo or wherever. So I saw it as spending $3000 (which is what I was offered it for) to be able to fly Business instead of coach. I also was told I'd have to wear a collared shirt and tie, and couldn't wear jeans. I generally get discounted fares by buying vouchers on craigslist (ie $1000 United voucher for $700) so for me that's a better value.

Your #'s are off as LAX-London round trip in true first class is $522 with business being even cheaper. LAX-Rio round trip in first is $337.

No collared shirt necessary and jeans are also fine.

Messages In This Thread