rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Future of Identification

The Future of Identification

Quote:Quote:

I’m here because I wanted to get a better grasp on biometric identification, specifically what it’s like for a person like you or me, who hasn’t committed a crime but, at some point in the near future, will use some part of our bodies to confirm a credit card purchase or enter a foreign country. I’m trying to square what just took place inside with what I had secretly hoped would happen.

Biometric identification has a faint whiff of the future about it. What that future looks like depends entirely on your perspective. It could be a dystopian world, often seen in movies, novels, and comic books where Big Brother haunts our heroes, monitoring them through iris scans or facial recognition. Or it could be a sleek and polished future, where speaking an authorization code grants you control of a vehicle or glancing at a camera opens a locked door with a hushed hiss.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/tech/b...ification/

Messages In This Thread