rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tom Brokaw Explains Canada To Americans (Tribute history video of U.S. & Canada)

Tom Brokaw Explains Canada To Americans (Tribute history video of U.S. & Canada)

Quote: (06-22-2013 02:34 PM)MrXY Wrote:  

We have a shitload of Canadian tourists in my Florida beach town in the winter-we call them Snowbirds-they are old as fuck, are a safety hazard on the roads, are notorious for not tipping (hence the term Canadian being used as an epithet by restaurant workers), are otherwise cheap as hell, will go to the 20 item limit checkout line with 40 items, sneakily spread their Canadian quarters everywhere which you receive in change and then have difficulty spending so it costs you money, brag about how wonderful Canadian socialized medicine is while they cram our local clinics here to get medical care they either can't get or have to wait an excessive amount of time for in Canada, and are prone to acting smug and superior and making anti-American statements.

My dad and step mom are snow birds, they live in a retirement community about ten miles from where El Mechanico lives in Florida, they basically fit your description. My dad doesn't even like Americans and always complains about them, almost as much as everyone in their community bitches about the French Canadians.

Quote: (06-22-2013 02:48 PM)houston Wrote:  

^^Is this a common trait? Being anti American yet coming and visiting America? [Image: laugh3.gif]

Yes it is and my dad is a perfect example of this, once he was going on about how obsessed the Yanks are with their guns and how he doesn't like to drink with them because "you never know when one of those lunatics will pull out a gun", so I asked him, "so why do you even come down here if you don't like Americans?" to which he replied, "they've got good weather, cheap beer and where the hell in Canada can I get a ticket to a Habs game for $30?."

Meanwhile, in Canada:

[img][Image: moose.jpg][/img]

Messages In This Thread