rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tom Brokaw Explains Canada To Americans (Tribute history video of U.S. & Canada)

Tom Brokaw Explains Canada To Americans (Tribute history video of U.S. & Canada)

Quote: (06-24-2015 10:23 PM)Grodin Wrote:  

I'm well familiar with Canadians, especially from B.C. Out in the country they are some very laid back and chill people, very nice, and similar in culture to the rest of the pac. NW

Never had any problems with Canadians being anti-american, myself. But then again, I've never met anyone who was anti-american per se. Only time I've heard anti-american statements in BC it was always from ex-pat americans, ironically. A lot of burnt out hippies and ex-californians in BC, from what I understand a lot of men tried fleeing there to avoid Vietnam as well. When I tell a Canadian I'm from the US I get some good natured teasing, then I say from Alaska and a lot will say "thats different" or "that doesn't count".

Broke down in the mountains of BC once and I was pissed off that so many drove past me with Alaska plates, not stopping. Me with a big ole Alaskan shirt on thought some state pride would help me out. But it was a BC highway maintenance guy who helped me out and I ended up staying the night in some tiny hunting/fishing town full of nice people.

Canadians aren't anti-American. For the most part it's liberal Canadians who are anti American conservatism. They fear Canada will become more like America, they earn for nordic European emulation instead.

BC is a different world altogether too. Recently Vancouver's city council approved a bill regulating marijuana dispensaries, flying the in the face of federal regulations. The health minister sent letters reminding BC that pot is still illegal, ministers told them the federal government is out of touch. The police chief said he won't bother them unless they sell substances other than pot.

A few years back when the Feds decided to introduce mandatory minimum sentencing, the province of BC told them to shove it and refused to build more jails or enforce the bill.

BC is a sort of Canadian wonderland, especially the small towns in the interior. And the girls are usually fit too.

Messages In This Thread