rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What to do when you only know the host at a house party

What to do when you only know the host at a house party

Really fun night. Let's recap:

I get to my future roommate's house at 9:30 PM. I figured that was pretty late, but he told me to come then, so I did. I get to the house and he takes me to the basement. I walk down and everyone in the basement erupts with cheers. Apparently, I was the guest of honor.

This was cool. A lot of the girls were introducing themselves to me. Everyone wanted to take shots with me. Everyone was comparing the mutual friends we had. My roommate is apparently a popular dude and being introduced "on his level" made me cool by association.

After a few shots, one girl was telling my roommate to my face that I was cool. I also spent some time playing beer pong with a friend of my roommate (going to the same university) and he noted how chill I was. All ego boosts are accepted here.

When I got there, I was talking to a couple of my roommate's friends (Adam and Steve). Adam was joking with Steve that he was a metrosexual; Steve was getting mildly offended. Most people would join in on the "bashing" of Steve, but I did the opposite. I said something to Adam like: "Don't hate on Steve because he likes to wear nice clothing." Steve liked me for saying that, and Adam also gained respect for me because I didn't buy into his frame.

At about 10:30 or so, I pulled out the breathalyzer. Immediate hit. Everyone wanted to blow. Was even better when everyone was blowing .10-.15 and I blow a .24.

I made connecting with people my priority, not getting girls. I succeeded in that regard.

There were opportunities for me to be ruthless and take a risk on a couple of cute girls, but the girls weren't giving strong enough interest. I wanted to makeout with Sarah because she was all over me, not because I was chasing her all night. It wasn't a big deal though.

Looking forward to my roommate coming to my town and showing him a good time.

Thank you all again for the quality advice.

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

Messages In This Thread