rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is an acceptable salary for an average man at each decade milestone?

What is an acceptable salary for an average man at each decade milestone?

Quote: (02-10-2019 11:25 PM)Graft Wrote:  

This thread turned out to be ridiculous. I hope some of the new guys don't take these responses to heart.

Everyone on this forum should be gunning for $500k income and up. I've made an entire datasheet and thread on how to get there.

$500k income is totally redundant in most parts of the world even in the West. You based on your posts obviously work in New York where housing is outrageously expensive and if you want to own a place it will cost a fortune. All a 500k income is good for is allowing you to save a ton a year to develop a quick passive income or material things. There is 0 need to be able to spend anywhere near that income per year.

I grew up in a household which had significantly more than that income many years. It didn't buy happiness. All it bought were many divorces and high stress.

Its good that you are making stacks but most people making that amount of money while working for the man are probably giving blood sweat and tears to do that working 60+ hours a week and only taking a week or two vacation a year if that. That isn't exactly what I'd call "winning." It sounds like a quick way to end up playing keeping up with the joneses. When a condo for a family is $5 million to buy though I get why it would seem like this is relevant. In most parts that income is completely irrelevant.

Messages In This Thread