rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

91-Year-Old Sets Bench Press World Record
1-Year-Old Sets Bench Press World Record
Quote: (06-17-2013 10:11 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

@Beyond borders My grandfather served in the British navy during WW2. Up until he died he still gave me the sense that he had enough to whop my ass on any day of the week.
My father who just retired form the navy is very similar as well. He's 6'4 230lbs. At 63 yrs old he looks 49-52. No grey hairs. Zero tolerance for pussy shit from me and my brother.

Adult males these days are too soft. You have all these faux bad boy's looking tough with tattoo's and haircuts but they would wilt like a fucking daisy if they ever met a dude like this in his prime.

Bitchassness is too prevalent in our society. So much in fact it's celebrated.

I feel like you're probably right, but...

1) I just don't know that I'd use weightlifting as a way to measure that kind of masculinity.

People are more obsessive these days, I think, and plenty of guys are absolutely insane about health. Plenty of outliers like this guy will be around in our later years too. Due to the scientific approach a lot of these guys take, with the same level of intensity, I think it's safe to say that even more will be around.

2) We tend to leave old records in the dust, and even as our majorities get weaker, our minorities get stronger. Just like sprinters would look at how fast guys were running in the Olympics at that time and scoff.

3) You can bet there are some tough ass boys like that in our military today too, and they will similarly scare the shit out of their grand-kids some day.

You can't compare hardened alpha males to an entire generation and consider it apples to apples.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread