rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A future of living/travelling abroad

A future of living/travelling abroad

Quote: (06-18-2013 10:32 AM)Road_Less_Taken Wrote:  

Balboa,

I know Chinese takes a much larger time commitment to learn, but how long does it take to become conversational assuming your immersed?

I'd say a year to a year and a half. It really depends on how much time you can devote to studying. First couple of months are really tough pronunciation wise, then you start getting it. I'm not at that stage despite being here since September last year (except a 5 week break) due to aforementioned laziness with studying. Bit annoyed with myself. You are in a good position as you already have learnt another language and have developed learning strategies.

If your not to sure about what to do with yourself, I would recommend getting out there and trying a bunch of stuff and seeing what suits you. Thats what I've been doing for the last 3 or 4 years (I'm in my mid-twenties) and I've now reached a stage where I have focus and solid goals. You are young, educated, internationally minded and have money in the bank. The world is your oyster [Image: icon_razz.gif]

Messages In This Thread