rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Death of the Unpaid Internship

The Death of the Unpaid Internship

Agreed.

Using kitchens yet again as a metaphor (sorry, it's what I know). When you intern at a high end kitchen, you're not butchering fish or cooking meat. You're peeling carrots. Peeling potatoes. Dethreading snap peas. Peeling cases of shrimp. It's bitch work, and it's called paying your dues.

Now I get kids right out of school thinking they're worth a damn and demanding 12 bucks an hour. I laugh in their face and tell them to try the next place. You guys can tell me all I want that I'm in some sort of "niche" here but I have a feeling that's not the case.

Like it or not, increasing operating costs in any line of business is not good for the economy. You think any senior manager is going to cut company wages just so they can bring in interns? Think again. I would actually be PISSED if I was looking for an internship because this is going to make it harder to find one.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Messages In This Thread