rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Skipping the HR department?

Skipping the HR department?

I want to apply for a job with a big state-owned company. They have an opening in their Colombian office in Bogota and landing that job would be like hitting a gold mine. Not only am I yearning to leave Germany, but the money is pretty good, the job sounds fun and putting the company's name on my resume will be a door opener in the future.

My question is whether or not I should phone/email the Colombian office directly or follow the official instructions and apply using their website and going through HR first.

I'm qualified for the job and think that I might have a shot either way, but the competition will be stiff. I estimate that there will be hundreds of other applicants and hence, skipping HR seems like a good idea.
On the other hand, they explicitly say that you have to apply via their homepage and otherwise won't consider your application. What do you think?

Messages In This Thread