rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Any Wrestlers Here?

Any Wrestlers Here?

Quote: (06-11-2013 08:57 AM)TheBlackNarwhal Wrote:  

Quote: (06-11-2013 07:30 AM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

ended my freshman year early by throwing a chair at my wrestling coach for criticizing me after a loss in a tournament.

Tournaments are places to learn from more veteran wrestlers, they shouldn't be taken as a win-or-die situation, and I think he was wrong to criticize that loss.

Yeah, you're right - he was a pretty fucked up coach and a very awkward guy in general. In 3 years of wrestling, we went through 5 different coaches, and the last one robbed money from our funds and disappeared. lol Finally a bunch of guys from the community came out and pitched in to fill the role.

I still could have handled it differently though. I was a fireball then. Judging by my habit of bloodying knuckles on walls and sometimes punching myself in the face when I lost, the problem really lay with me. I was extremely competitive and didn't know how to take loss - and I'd learned some fucked up ways of dealing with that from pretty violent people.

I was a perfect example of why youngsters need positive role models in their life to show them the ropes.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Messages In This Thread