rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On leaving America,,,

On leaving America,,,

The USA is one of the easiest places to make money, and then consumer goods are generally cheaper here. A shirt I would buy in Ukraine for $60 would be maybe $25 in Marshall's in the USA. There are many products you can't find anywhere else.

Women are sort of paranoid in the USA, they watch too much Crime Scene Investigators and have some bizarre ideas about the relative dangerousness of men.

The competition among men for attractive women is very harsh due to many men having enough money to provide a middle class lifestyle, combined with widespread obesity and an angry, perverted version of feminism reducing the number of attractive women; thus making even many of the physically attractive ones disagreeable to deal with in intimate relationships. The family court and child support systems are sometimes frighteningly harsh, always well organized, and essentially invincible if you have the type of profession where you work on the books. So any woman you have kids with has huge financial control over you.

However, people don't see the background that the USA is one of the most advanced civilizations that's ever existed. The virtual elimination of religious conflict, and widespread respect for science over superstition, and the generally effective rule of law (outside of our being swamped with firearms and religiously dedicated to using them on each other) are something people from other countries seem to like.

If you are involved in the fine arts, there is a huge community of highly intelligent and educated collaborators available. You can make some very obscure music or movies and there is someone that understands what you are trying to do and will work with you with an entrepeneurial spirit.
In poorer countries the women are more agreeable, but everyone is much more concentrated on survival and do not have time for pursuing the arts.

If you have some unusual talent in say, science or business, there are sometimes more opportunities here because there is simply more money present and a larger market as others have mentioned. Many, many geniuses and pre-eminent people from around the world come here and stay.

In my 10 trips to Eastern Europe and Russia, it seems they see us as naive and relatively honest, visitors don't see the huge undercurrents of corruption-- they aren't generally starting businesses and getting into life where there is significant conflict there. They also see us as sort of robotic and lifeless.

In other countries, there is a lot of ugly stuff going on that tourists don't usually see. I was assaulted by my landlord in Ukraine, the whole family came to beat me up so they could get me out and get more money from someone else. This kind of routine bullying, outside of ghetto areas, in the USA is pretty rare. The "police state" some complain of also results in people following the rules more. The pollution is relatively low-- because the state makes you smog your car. The drinking water is generally good--because the government enforces pollution laws. In Ukraine every time I want something to drink I have to pay 1-2$. Most of the law enforcement in the US is for the good in my opinion, but it is inconvenient, and many people on this forum here very rebellious and resent government interence. They want more of a Wild West atmosphere. Or they think they do until they get seriously ill, or victimized by criminals. In the US, most police at the state level and above are honest and professional. They make enough money so they are not as susceptible to corruption. In Ukraine they make only several hundred per month.

The vast physical beauty of the USA, with thousands of square miles of mountains, deserts, lakes, and seacoasts is probably as nice as anywhere else. There is no weather comparable to Norcal in EE where the hottest girls are. US Housing costs are relatively high due to the mortgage system which artificially increased prices as no one buys houses for cash except investors who are going to rent them, and guess what, they get as much as they can for them.

Messages In This Thread