rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sucker punch fail

Sucker punch fail

Quote: (06-09-2013 03:12 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2013 03:04 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

I agree that the point of the chin, creating a snap, is the optimal place to connect to get a knockout. But if you watched the Chad Dawson/Adonis Stevenson fight last night, you'll notice that getting caught on the upper jaw, where it connects to the skull behind the ear, is a pretty good spot to catch if you want to put a guy out. On top of it, it was the equivalent of a sucker punch in that Dawson didn't see it coming. Fighters will all tell you that those are the most dangerous.

That was a mighty shot from Stevenson. Exquisite, they'd definitely worked on that shot in the gym. He's going on to fight one of my countrymen, Tony Bellew, should be a decent fight. Not sure if you follow UK boxing, but David Haye is apparently fighting Tyson Fury in September. I expect the Hayemaker to win by KO.

Yes, I'm familiar with Haye. He talks a lot of smack, but he's a talented fighter.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Messages In This Thread