rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Who's watching Vikings on the History channel?

Who's watching Vikings on the History channel?

Mild Spoiler Alert

The girl-power thing is going completely overboard in the third season. What started off as 100% male raiding bands on the British isles are now fully integrated armies featuring man-slaying axe-wielding females. Some of these latest battle scenes devote ~30% or more of camera shots to Viking women kicking ass as part of the general melee.

What's more ridiculous, apparently the Vikings had special forces, and these special forces are 100% female! I'm talking about the scene in one of the last few episodes of Season 3 where a band of Viking women infiltrates enemy defenses and opens the initial breach for the larger Viking army to exploit. And no, they don't do it by using feminine guile/innocuousness to sneak in; rather they are just depicted as being extremely stealthy and lethal!

This shit is really starting to detract from my enjoyment of the show. I used to enjoy watching the battles somewhat, but now that literally 30% of the Viking army is women, I struggle to not roll my eyes during the fighting scenes. Dark age warfare was carried out with sword, axes, and shields in massed formations. Your effectiveness as a combatant was basically 80% about the body weight you could put behind that shield and axe, and the remaining 20% about courage and skill. Even today, with fire-arms serving as a powerful equalizer, women are completely useless as front line troops. To portray them as playing an integral role during dark age battles that were about pure brute strength is mind numbingly retarded.

Messages In This Thread