rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How have you successfully improved your body and/or health?

How have you successfully improved your body and/or health?

I lost a ton of weight and completely changed my body composition over the course of a couple years in stages. Here's a break down.

1) In August of 2009 I weighed 210 pounds. I'm 5'11 and have small bone structure. I was about a 38 inch waist. Totally out of shape. By march of 2010 I was 170. I did it by doing cardio every day 6 or 7 days a week and completely overhauling my diet. I completely quit drinking. One drink a week at most, and it was a vodka soda. I stopped eating all junk food and for the first month or so all i ate was whole wheat bread, turkey, tomatoes, and lettuce and hummus. It worked and in 6-7 months I had lost 40 pounds.

2) I stopped doing cardio once i started working a 8-6 job that march for about 6 months. I started doing cardio again every day ad got down to about 160.

3) Then I read a book called eat to live that advocates a vegan lifestyle. I also stopped eating bread and cheese, started eating only fruit for breakfest, and roasted veggies for dinner. I went from 160-140.

4) I got to 135 pounds and realized I needed to start lifting because I was skinny as fuck. I also do a core regimine every other day in the morning that kick starts my metabolism. Core strength is very important. I'm not vegan anymore, only about 50% of the time and never after a weightlifting session. I need the protein.

Now i'm about 145, 30 in waist, and looking to add lean muscle. I wanna be strong and cut.

If I could do it all overagain I would have quit bread and cheese from the start, started lifiting weights from the start, and do veganism 50% of the time.

The key to weight loss is this: nutrient and calorie density. Lettuce and veggies are nutrient dense and calorie poor. It'll nourish your body but not give it calories to burn - in turn your body starts burning the fat stored on your body. Combine this with core workout in the morning and a 30 minute interval set at night on the treadmill and boom your losing weight super fast because your metabolism is so far out ahead of the calories you're taking in.

A couple slices of pizza are nutrient poor but calorie dense. This goes for all junk food.

So basically its not rocket science: have the discipline to commit to eating clean and working out and doing cardio for a few months and watch the transformation.

Messages In This Thread