rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you deal with the death of a parent?

How do you deal with the death of a parent?

I don't like sharing this but my father committed suicide when I was 14. Since then I'm different, I don't know what it is I'm just different. I don't seem to have any emotions anymore, I'm very apathetic. I still often get depressed.
For half a year after my father died I was very lazy. I would stay in bed all day and play video games.
I couldn't even motivate myself to go to school.
Then I kind of had a wake up call. I decided I didn't want to just sit around anymore.
I realized I had everything in life going for me.
I'm smart, good looking and good with people. I can achieve anything if I want to.
So I turned my life around, I focused more on my friends, stopped playing video games and applied myself more in school.
Now I have the best grades in my class, a lot of new and true friends and bang hot chicks regularly.
I still get depressive episodes every few weeks and get sad or melancholic when I think of my father but I always pull through again. When I'm sad, I think of what my father would want me to do. He wouldn't want me sitting around, he'd want me to enjoy my life and make something of myself. I know he would be proud of me, that's what keeps me going.
In some twisted way, I think losing my father early on in such a tragic way has prepared me for the rest of my life better than anything else I can think of.
I know that whatever is going to happen, it is very unlikely that it will be shittier than what I've gone through already

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
-Socrates

Messages In This Thread