rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you deal with the death of a parent?

How do you deal with the death of a parent?

Hey everyone,

Just curious. I have yet to suffer the loss of a parent. But - I am wondering what such a feeling is like?

Is it something you can prepare for? I'm guessing not.

And how difficult is it to carry on with life. To be honest - I am surprised more people don't commit suicide when this happens. Since many people seem to kill themselves over far less traumatic events. Indeed - it was the death of his mother - which led (fashion designer) Alexander McQueen to kill himself.

I'm guessing religion must be a comfort. But that won't help me since I am an atheist.

Anyway - I know it is a bleak question. But I literally have no idea how people are able to cope with such events. Which is strange since it will eventually happen to most of us.

Also - does it get easier to deal with when you go through it as an adult? As opposed to when you are younger?

Lastly - when one parent dies. Does it change the relationship (in some subtle way) you have with the remaining one? I would imagine it does. Yet - it is a bit surreal to imagine hanging out with one parent after the other one has died.

Sorry if the above is a bit dumb. It is just that I often find myself thinking about the simplest and most basic questions.

Messages In This Thread