rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do you deal with the death of a parent?

How do you deal with the death of a parent?

My best years with my mom were after she got Alzheimers and wasn't sure if I was her son or just someone who happened to have the same name. She had been a difficult person her whole life but with Alzheimers she was just too confused to argue or be angry for more than a minute or two. I feel fortunate that my final experiences and interactions with her were so positive.

Quote: (09-08-2016 12:20 AM)Drazki Wrote:  

In my humble opinion if you are not pressed to sell just store all off the staff in basement, attic, one bedroom ... In a year or two or more you will start to understand what you actually want to sell, what you want for yourself, what needs to go to donation ...

A year or two can easily turn into fifteen, as in my family's case. Avoid putting anything into paid storage. I'll be helping clean out the unit later this month. Do the math = $20,000 USD to store stuff no one has looked at since.

Messages In This Thread