rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Paris Report

Paris Report

Alright, I'm on my last day here, but it's all travel logistics from here on out. I got my flag, I got some numbers, I got...food poisoning. I'm ready to get the fuck back home. So here's some data for curious souls:

The flag: I got in Paris last Saturday night, pretty beat from a full day of travelling. Whatever, I get showered up, and hit the street where I'm staying, the Rue de Lappe. Well, it's a popping nightlife area, but the scene is kind of whack. Definitely not the top, or even 2nd or 3rd tier of attractive girls in the city. Even still, when I found a place I wanted to check out, the door guy wouldn't let me in. Lots of fatties on this street for some reason, and not American/UK either. Whatever, head back home, get some rest. On Sunday, lots of shit's closed, so I asked the hostess of the apt. where's a good spot to chow down. She recommends Cafe des Anges, on Rue de Roquette, about 5 min walk away. I head over, bartender is super cool, everyone's down with me, already noticing lots of eye contact with girls, I'm feeling the vibe. My french sucks, but I make attempts here and there, and believe me, those attempts are VERY appreciated. 3 cute girls sit down next to me, the one immediately to my left is the cutest, she's occupied on her iPhone, obviously with some guy. I'm gearing up for some classic western style game. Start asking her if she speaks English, or Spanish, or Italian. Non But she points to her friend 2 stools over. She's cute. I say hi to the other two girls, they all smile and giggle. iPhone girl gets up and I tell her friends, "I know the problem she's having." They look confused. I continue, "With her boyfriend (I'm totally bluffing, I had no idea wtf she was texting, but turns out i was right). She's sending too many texts. She's chasing him. That's why she's unhappy." The girls look at each other, then back at me, laughing. iPhone girl comes back, leaves with the girl next to her for a smoke. I tell the girl two seats over to sit next to me. She speaks decent English and tells me that I was right...guys in France are hard to pin down and are very noncommital. I change the subject and start KINO escalation (haha, I'm kidding. I touched her thigh) We're hitting it off and then the friends come back, grab their coats n shit, and leave, with iPhone girl telling me, "She's a good girl". On the inside, I'm jumping for joy. I don't remember the last time this happened to me, if ever. A group of girls, and 2 of them leave one of their friends with a stranger? No cockblock? I felt like I was living some sort of prophecy. Anyway a long story short, we hung out, finished a bottle of wine, went back to my place for another glass of wine, bang. Probably the easiest ONS i've ever had that didn't involve copious amounts of alcohol or drugs.

The girls: Relativity is key here. I'm coming from L.A., which has no shortage of gorgeous women, but...it's just different. There's an accessibility issue, an approachability issue. As I've already mentioned on other threads, I've never, EVER, gotten so much eye contact as I have in Paris. I've never gotten random smiles on the street from hot girls. The abundance of attractive women here is 10x what I know in L.A., which is a land of extremes: The occasional hottie mixed in a sea of absolute mediocrity. There are VERY few fat or obese women in Paris. The fuckability level is simply much, MUCH higher. I've yet to hit the FSU, and I'm sure once I do my head will explode, but let's just say this was a nice first taste. Like I said I've been to Italy and Germany and neither was anything like Paris, but that all depends on which city I guess. And the attitude. I can see a little of what other guys are talking about with the Parisian girl attitude, but all I can say is, come to L.A. Or don't, for that matter, because you will be horrified. Parisian girls ain't shit. I remember Roosh saying something once about Poland..."I arrived armed with nukes when all I needed was a slingshot." That's how I felt about Paris. I showed up expecting totally stuck up, snobby bitches, and found almost the opposite to be true. In a couple park approaches that were less than receptive, I remember thinking in my head, "Ha HA, that's the best you got?! Shit, I could do this for hours on end." I also didn't encounter any anti-americanism whatsoever, and also found the opposite to be true. Parisians love hamburgers, american music, and american film.

Daygame: Parks and cafes. It's a wonderland here. France has a huge cafe culture. EVERY day, at all hours, but especially between 2-4pm, everyone goes to a sidewalk cafe, has either a coffee, beer, wine, whatever, smokes, and talks about...shit. Politics, film, relationships, just bullshit. Doesn't do much for the national image but for a day gamer it's paradise. Myself? I prefer the parks. The cafes tend to have a hopping, vibrant buzz that can make girls a little ADD. You'll see girls walking through the parks by themselves, just going for a gentle stroll. The only shitty thing about my trip is that it rained most days. I got 2 numbers from the Jardin de Tuileries, which I HIGHLY recommend to hang out in. Noone will suspect a thing, everyone is just milling around, taking pics of the sculptures, lost in contemplative thought...it's an idyllic place. The other place I visited was Bois de Vincennes, thinking that since it's the largest park in Paris that it must have some prime day game opportunities. Dumb mistake; it's fucking HUGE, on the outskirts of the city, you can walk for an hour and see 2 other people. It's impressive and dope as fuck to visit, but not for gaming.

And then...food poisoning, thus ending the gaming portion of my trip. Fuck.

The Food: There is a shit ton of mediocre food in Paris. You can imagine my disappointment, having worked my way up in some very good French restaurants, having an ideal in my head of French culinary culture, and then I get here and see dirty ass kitchens and shitty, overpriced food. I even took some recommendations from locals on where to eat and have not been impressed. I had a great meal at Bistro Paul Bert, but spent 100E for a fairly modest dinner there. I can't wait to get back to L.A. and get some Mexican and Thai. My suggest is hit up a market, in Bastille there's the Marché du Bastille on Thursdays and Sundays. Go buy up some fresh produce, a baguette, maybe a fresh sausage to fry up, and eat at home. The sanitation there is sketchy too though, so be careful. I've eaten and drank tap water in Mexico and never felt better so I'm not one for a weak stomach, and Paris put me down for the count for 4 days. Shit was not fun.

Price: there's a reason Paris is considered one of the most expensive cities on earth. Let's just leave it at that.

Culture/Sightseeing: I met up with a long lost 2nd cousin thrice removed or some shit, and she showed me around the city. This place is incredibly ornate; it reminds me of a jewel box. In a way it's a bit precious, but worth seeing at least once in your life. The Hotel d'Ville, the Louvre, the Musee d'Orsay, the Eiffel Tower, the Palais Royal, I don't remember half the shit she showed me but it was like looking into the Dwarf kingdom in Lord of the Rings. Pretty awe-inspiring shit.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Messages In This Thread