rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Antwerp

Antwerp

I've been to Antwerp a few days ago and thought I'd add my observations here as a sort of mini-data sheet:

(Please keep in mind that my experience is super-limited, but I'd go back to spend more time there, it seemed like a good place.)

1. Why you would want to go to Antwerp?

- The Beer is fantastic. Best in the world so far for me. And I say this as someone who lived many years in Munich. Germans pride themselves on good beer, but Belgians just kill with theirs.
- French fries
- Chocolate
- Diamonds and Gold
- Laid back atmosphere
- Seem very friendly towards foreigners
- to practice your French, Dutch, German and English at the same time.

and of course

- for Belgian girls

2. Why wouldn't you want to go?

- Not that exciting when compared to other places such as Bucharest, Zagreb, Barcelona, etc.
- Not very cheap, prices comparable with Germany and France
- Not for you if you like super feminine women like in Eastern Europe I guess

3. Girls

I'm in my 30s, I'm single, I work out regularly, so don't know if that's valuable info, but all girls we talked to were very open to approaches. I think def. more so than in Germany. But this could be my subjective bias.

We've talked the longest with two early 20s Dutch students, and two teenage Belgian girls, and both were very happy to meet us. In bars the bartender girls stopped by to chat for a bit more than once.

Personally my impression is that a) the people there are open and friendly and b) the girls get NEVER approached. Which is good if you do approach, because you could really increase your notch count. But because of the brevity of our visit someone would have to confirm this..

And again, between notches you are rewarded with incredibly good beer..

4. Safety

I'm torn between "very safe place, no worries" and "passive aggressive mafia central". Hard to say. It has both a feel of laid backness and danger (due to the wealth of the city and some gangster looking groups of guys frequently seen there. For instance we were just stared at in some places by some guys that looked like career-criminals).

5. Locations to check out

Sals Cafe: Cheap cocktails, good beer selection, young (teenage) crowd mostly, in front of the place is a square which reminds me of squares in Czech Republic: Very good for street game since girls sit in couples there waiting or just hanging out.

Verwolg (at Melkmarkt): Top tip for me, it seems like a great location for night game SNL pickups. It's a bar/club for perhaps 100 people tops. Great bar area if you are into Roosh-style wait at the bar type of game. Because the bar also is the area where everyone has to pass. You'll see what I mean if you go there.

Irish Times Pub: As always, this might be good if you want to meet girls that want to meet foreigners. But I don't go to Belgium, country of the finest most diverse beer selection in the world, and then into the local Irish Pub.. [Image: wink.gif]

(Note: The 3 above are near each other and the 3 below are about 15 walking minutes away.)

Cafe Local: This is a club that has been recommended to us by almost everyone. But we didn't go inside, instead we went to:

Cafe modeste: Sausage fest, but the girls that were there were seeking eye contact. Confirmed my impression that Antwerp could in fact be a mini pussy-paradise.. Pop music AND we saw the Belgian twin brother of Roosh.

The Hemingway / Nick's Cafe: Late 20s, early 30s crowd that evening. Super friendly bar staff. heh

La suite: Mainstream music, mixed crowd, average in every way. [Image: wink.gif]

Special mention: De Vagant in Graaf van Egmont street: Hipster bar where I was under the impression that everyone was on psychedelic drugs. It's an interesting place. Talked to a beautiful black girl there who mentioned that Belgian guys are "horrible" and "perverted". Whatever that means. All on drugs, it seemed.

6. Summary

I think Antwerp is worth a short trip. I'd definitely recommend going on a weekend. I don't trust this place to be much alive during the week. It's also a very romantic place with tiny streets which would make it a good destination for couples. But this is the wrong forum for that sort of thing.

Messages In This Thread