rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Testosterone, it is no revelation

Testosterone, it is no revelation

I couldn't find a purely TRT thread, so I'll just post here.

Required reading (and listening):
http://dangerandplay.com/2013/11/12/test...erapy-trt/
http://dangerandplay.com/2014/02/24/test...t-podcast/
http://dangerandplay.com/2014/02/28/bloo...one-level/

Before TRT

I had been struggling for a while...until that post from D&P on 11/12 finally kicked me over the edge. I finally decided that I had to change because I couldn't keep going like I was.

On the advice of another forum member (thread starter), I went to an endocrinologist that understood these things. Everything I write is done under the supervision of a doctor, so this is not self-medicating "bro science" or whatever.

Had my test levels measured at 8 am, which is the peak test level for the day apparently.

Pre-TRT: total test 365 ng/mL, free test 6.4 pg/mL. This is low test, so theres is a legitimate medical case to be made. Just want guys to know the kind of blood work likely required to have a doctor prescribe test.

My prolactin was on the high end, so doctor prescribed cabergoline (0.5mg/week) to see if the levels would lower and test go up. There were no changes after 2 months. The point of telling you this is that he did not immediately prescribe test.

After the 2 months I came in again and told him I had to go on this, and he was in agreement. Offered injection, gel, and implant. Of course I went with injection. The standard prescription is 100 mg/week of testosterone cypionate.

Starting TRT

Here is a little diary I kept:

2/7/14
Finally, success. Dr agreed to prescribe test. Asked me how I wanted to administer it (gel, pellet, inject). Of course went for injection. Received 100 mg of test IM in left thigh using a 25 gauge needle. Kind of a dull pain afterwards. I do not feel any different: no change in mood, horniness, or anything else as far as I can tell.

2/8/14
Filled my prescription for testosterone cypionate. Cost me $3.30 with my insurance. Lulz.

My dose is 100 mg/week. On advice of forum members I will be doing injections 3/week in divided doses and using insulin syringes (28 gauge). Also going to do them subcutaneously instead of intra muscularly.

Also on forum members advice, I will pre-fill the 28 gauge syringes so that they’re ready, since it’s probably impossible to pull out the test using the 28 gauge syringe. Figure I will have 2 weeks worth ready (6 injections/syringes).

2/9/14

Filled up 6 29 gauge syringes with test (thought I bought the 28 but I have the 29; hopefully will not be an issue). Lost some from the big syringe in between transfers. Need to pull back on plunger in the draw syringe so no test drips out under positive pressure.

I already had alcohol swabs and sharps container ordered previously.

2/10

First self injection. Used 29G syringe, soak plastic part under hot water for 30 secs per forum member recommendation, then inject in belly. After talking to some others, I think I will go IM into thigh using insulin syringe going forward just to be sure.

Can’t wait until next injection.

Just want to say something about the injections: stop being a pussy if you're worried about it. Yes, you have to do this for the rest of your life, and I am happy to do it. I look forward to the injections. They take less than 60 seconds of your time if you pre-fill the syringes. When you use the small gauge syringes there is no pain afterwards.

After TRT

After 4 weeks on TRT, my lab results are:

Total test 1019 ng/mL, Free test 18.4 pg/mL, Estradiol 59 pg/mL (considered high).

And how do I feel? I feel great. I will monitor the estradiol levels and see if I need an aromatase inhibitor down the road. As D&P told me, estrogen also comes from fat. I'm more skinny fat than fat, but still carry too much fat, which I am in the process of losing.

Changes include: higher sex drive, improved ability to focus and concentrate, increased desire for physical exercise, and just an overall increased ability to get shit done. However, I never felt like the hulk or anything like that…I kept expecting some bolt from the sky, but it doesn’t work like that.

What about with girls? I think there is an increased confidence, but I don't want anyone to think that TRT will magically transform you into an approach machine, it's not how it works. If you have AA, you will still have AA but probably a bit less. That's how I feel anyway.

What about ball shrinkage? Honestly, I'm not really sure. Assuming they have shrunk, I haven't noticed anything dramatic.

What about seminal volume (i.e. jizz amounts)? Doctor said it may decrease, but from my observation it's about the same...certainly no dramatic decreases.

Big thanks to MikeCF for effectively changing my life.

Messages In This Thread