rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Testosterone, it is no revelation

Testosterone, it is no revelation

Lately I've been reading a lot in the manosphere about testosterone. Yes, it incredibly important and I think everyone should have their T checked. Full disclosure, I'm on TRT as we speak.

What I want to talk about though is why everyone is acting like this is some major discovery by us? It simply isn't. We're not even close to being the first folks to figure out that testosterone is closely related to all the things that make men manly and amazing.

The sanctimonious discussions acting like we're Columbus and just discovered America here make us all look kinda dumb. We should acknowledge those that went before us and just say, yes, we're slow on the uptake, but we finally have seen the light.

Here is one article out of literally thousands that predate our discussions by 13 years:

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/04/02/magazi...all&src=pm

"It has a slightly golden hue, suspended in an oily substance and injected in a needle about half as thick as a telephone wire. I have never been able to jab it suddenly in my hip muscle, as the doctor told me to. Instead, after swabbing a small patch of my rump down with rubbing alcohol, I push the needle in slowly until all three inches of it are submerged. Then I squeeze the liquid in carefully, as the muscle often spasms to absorb it. My skin sticks a little to the syringe as I pull it out, and then an odd mix of oil and blackish blood usually trickles down my hip.

I am so used to it now that the novelty has worn off. But every now and again the weirdness returns. The chemical I am putting in myself is synthetic testosterone: a substance that has become such a metaphor for manhood that it is almost possible to forget that it has a physical reality. Twenty years ago, as it surged through my pubescent body, it deepened my voice, grew hair on my face and chest, strengthened my limbs, made me a man. So what, I wonder, is it doing to me now?"

Messages In This Thread