rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jizzabel author calls female purity BS

Jizzabel author calls female purity BS

Jessica Valenti already trod all over this "purity myth" bullshit years ago; in fact, she even wrote a book about it. All Lindy West has done is dollop Valenti's stupid, easily falsifiable thesis in globs of her godawful prose. I mean, just look at this:

Quote:Quote:

And this "good girl" shit isn't just limited to odious ding-dongs like dude-who-doesn't-know-the-difference-between-extinct-and-fucking-mythological. I know plenty of progressive, liberal, adult men who openly say they're looking for a "good girl"—who prioritize some paternalistic illusion of "self-respect" over personality and chemistry. And to those dudes, I say, HOW DO YOU NOT SEE HOW CREEPY THIS IS. Can you imagine if women went around saying they were just looking for a "good boy" and sometimes they "jokingly" scout kindergartens for promising baby virgins?!?!?! Groooooooooss!!!!!

The same world in which John Dolan and his wife were reduced to homelessness and begging at food banks allows someone who wrote this to have a highly-paid position at a major online magazine. The obnoxious use of ALL-CAPS, the hyphen abuse, the padding, the super-elongated signoff: this is the kind of writing that would get you flunked out of a remedial English class at a community college. Reading the whole article, I can't help but imagine Lindy West lying on her couch, splayed out like Jabba the Hutt, slamming her fat fists on her pizza grease- and vodka-stained Macbook, screaming at her man-slave for sustenance. "LINDY THE FAT DEMANDS MORE PIES!"

George Orwell once remarked that the reason why fascist and communist dictatorships have their militaries march in goose-step formation is as a show of power: "Ha ha, we're so terrifying that our soldiers can walk around like complete retards, and if you laugh at them, we'll throw you in the gulag!" I sometimes wonder if the feminist nomenklatura doesn't promote godawful writers like Lindy West for the same reason: as a way of rubbing their power in our faces. "Ha ha, we're so strong that we can promote the writing of a mentally unstable lardlump who can't string together a coherent sentence without having a hypoglycemic crash and still remain profitable, and there's nothing you can do about it."

If Lindy West is a prime example of what modern feminism is turning out, I weep for the future of American letters.

Messages In This Thread