rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anybody here own a firearm?

Anybody here own a firearm?

Quote: (05-17-2013 08:58 AM)Fitzgerald Wrote:  

Quote: (05-16-2013 01:11 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

My boy was going to buy 3 guns and give me the shotgun but he got denied at the counter. [Image: sad.gif]

I don't currently own any guns, but as a tip to everyone interested, NEVER BUY FROM A GUN SHOP. You'll have to register the firearm, and you DO NOT want Uncle Sam to know you have guns. My stepdad works for his state's government in a field where gun use is a small component of his work, and he's only got two registered firearms, while he owns more than 2 dozen different guns. He always buys from private dealers. When gun control laws get tightened, your guns will be confiscated if the gov't knows you have them.

There is no gun registry in the USA. When you go to buy a gun from a gun shop, you do fill out a form so that they can run an instant FBI background check. Those forms never leave the gun shop. I have filled out forms, had a background check run, but never bought the firearm before.

Also, there is no 3 day waiting period. You go in, select the gun, fill out the form, they run the check, you purchase it, you now have a gun. Takes no more than 15 minutes.

The "gun show loophole" is the notion that you can go to a gun show and buy from a private seller without filling out paperwork. This is true, you can do this. At gun shows you will find licensed dealers and private sellers. However, you do not have to go to a gun show to do to buy a firearm without filling out a background check. If you were my neighbor and liked my rifle, we can arrange a sale right then and there. Anytime you buy from a licensed firearms dealer, they run a background check on you.

One thing to note that you as the seller have the responsibility to know if the buyer is legally able to purchase a firearm. It is a felony (a major one with jail time) to sell a firearm to a felon (or someone who cant legally buy one).

Also, just so you all are aware. You can buy machine guns aka fully automatic firearms. They are called Class III firearms. It is legal in many states. You have to file paperwork with the ATF, wait 6 months, and pay a $200 tax stamp.

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

Messages In This Thread