rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Side Hustles - Buy, Sell & Trade

Side Hustles - Buy, Sell & Trade

Quote: (05-15-2013 10:31 PM)TexasMade Wrote:  

I know in Mexico a car lot is worth it. I have a contact who flips American cars in Central mexico for a good profit.

Car lot in America can be cool. I think we have a few players who run car game. I remember I wanted to buy a car and went to an auction. I saw around 15 car with about 100k in miles go for less than 2k. It was a dealers only auction so I couldn't buy. Thats what got me interested .

You go to a used car lot anywhere in America and any decent vehicle with 100k goes well over 3500. Profit margin is huge. From what I understand the process to get a dealers license and own a lot is cheap at least in Texas. 30k could cover you for 6 months overhead and 5-8 cars. You sell one or two a month and you are good. You have mechanical skills that will lower your overhead. Just have to look into the liability laws in your state. I started to research back in '09 but couldnt find a partner.

Yep, we're thinking along the same line. I could see renting some small hole-in-the-wall place just to satisfy the license requirement for a physical location and selling a car or two per week by word of mouth and/or Internet via CL, eBay Motors, AutoTrader, etc.

I'd prefer to get my feet wet with an established dealer just to see how the game is played. I guess a potential problem there is it would be seen as training one's future competition. That's why I'm thinking to offer some expertise that a small buy here/pay here might not have such as expertise in establishing a web presence, photo/video production for marketing, etc.

Although I generally don't favor mixing business and pleasure, I see some gaming prospects here as well.

Messages In This Thread