rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Side Hustles - Buy, Sell & Trade

Side Hustles - Buy, Sell & Trade

Hey guys, I hope this finds you all well.

I've got a pretty strong corporate gig that allows for regular travel, but I'm at the point that I want to start building an exit strategy. I've already got some rental real estate and I will continue to expand that enterprise, but that's a slow grind with a longer-term payoff. I'm starting to explore what I can do in the short term to rake up a little extra scratch and begin building something to replace my day job.

I'm well-versed in the mechanical trades so I have quite a bit of knowledge regarding various kinds of tools and equipment. I've had some pretty good success picking up stuff on my local Craigslist and reselling it on eBay. The challenge there is finding a sufficient supply of items to flip and the relatively small dollar volumes. It's a pretty good gig, and I'll keep my eyes open, but I'd like to expand into something with a little bigger payoff.

I'm curious about the used car biz. I've got three of my own personal vehicles that I need to sell, consolidate, and upgrade. Perhaps to facilitate sales, I can accept trades and make a few more dollars selling the trades. Without a dealer's license I can only have maybe six vehicles titled in my name in any given year, so there's a limit there.

I'm thinking about maybe trying to partner up with a small buy here/pay here car lot and see if I can find one that might be willing to work out some kind of arrangement where they would allow me access to their dealer license in return for some of my expertise in other areas that would benefit them.

Maybe its not cars. Maybe its construction equipment, motor homes or golf carts. I'm not sure at this point. I've got the capital to buy the stuff and could offer financing like the above-noted buy here/pay here car lots.

There's an interesting thread over on the body building forum that deals with this topic. Out of respect to our host, I won't post a link to another forum, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

I'm thinking out loud here. Post up if you're in a similar mindset or have any relevant experience and expertise. Mech, you reading this? [Image: thumb.gif]

Cheers,
Bone

Messages In This Thread