rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

strategy to exchange $ for COP in Colombia?

strategy to exchange $ for COP in Colombia?

Quote: (08-27-2010 01:34 PM)clr Wrote:  

Gringoed hit it, I remember watching a money manager program out there, one of those network financial advisors, they said the best two were charles schwab and I think the capitol one card were the best for international. Citibank I looked into because I had an account, its only really good for larger amounds unless you have 50k sitting in an account to be gold and they still charge a transfer charge. Unless this has changed since I went into their Colombian branch 3 years ago.

They said they are seperate companies and you had to open an account in Colombia, then transfer to local account blah blah....

I had USAA they did the same refunding of ATM fees.

Capital One is my card of choice abroad...With a $25K limit and no International Fees...Good as gold when I travel. If I'm using cash I just make one or two ATM withdrawls...I bank with Bank of America and with Scotia Bank, Barclays and another British Bank, Deutche Bank, BNP Paris, Chinese Contruction Bank and a few others they do not charge. If I cant find one of those I just eat the fee and make large withdrawls. I need to start looking into one of those PayPal cards since I already have an account with them.

Messages In This Thread