rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

People dont change, they just use less drugs...

People dont change, they just use less drugs...

For me, what separates humans from the sharks and other animals is our ability to change. Animals are pure instinct, they truly cannot do anything outside of what their instinct drives them to do. With humans, even though we do often just go along with our instincts DO have the potential to suppress our will. Now, I do think this isn't a common thing and yeah most people are just creatures of habit and instinct but there is still that potential however unrealized it may be in the majority of humankind.

I do not believe in absolute free will nor do I think most people do. For a being to have absolute free will he would have to be all-powerful and all-knowing; in other words, have knowledge of every potential outcome and also of all potential outcomes and then be able to choose from among these freely. I do believe that we are able to choose among the options that we are given from our limited knowledge. To use an example we can all relate to, for many of us if we had never stumbled upon the manosphere then we would have continued to make usual beta mistakes when dealing with women and be completely ignorant of the sort of forces out there that are controlling men these days. We would have not been able to make the necessary changes to ourselves simply because we did not possess the knowledge to do so. However we were lucky to be exposed to such knowledge and we were freely able to choose between either ignoring that knowledge and going about our lives as it was before or we could have swallowed the red pill.

Messages In This Thread