rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Santa Barbara, California

Santa Barbara, California

Quote: (05-24-2013 12:21 AM)Travesty444 Wrote:  

Hearing Gio's voice on this one.

Looking for opinions:

Santa Barbara has a population of 90k. Of that number between UCSB and SBCC you have 40k students. Looking beyond this you have the advantage that Santa Barbara is too far from anywhere to be a daily commuter school and a hassle to even be a weekend clear out school (2hrs from L.A.) Most of the population that is not students is retirees and rich people's second homes. Little to no non-student competition.

With all this information in mind I am 28, known and lived in SoCal for over a decade, I think moving there for day gaming and bar gaming college girls while making the beach scene and surfing my life for a year right now wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hell if I got places on lock down, all upperclassmen girls go crazy for bars at 21+ because they get sick of the house party scene, and the amount of older guys to lay in that house party/frat scene shrinks as time goes on. If you got SB bars on lock and are a guy a little older playing the angle you go to grad school there if you have to (I just finished grad school so easy to sell for me), you can be a nice little commodity of being the slightly older experienced guy.

Upperclassmen frat guys rack up all that freshman and sophmore ass at house parties, not worried about that. Hell Gio would say there would still be boatloads to go around after that, it is a university and there are big subset of chicks that are there to study become a marine biologist or kid doctor and too shy to get into that scene, you can break them down yourself.

Upper class girls aren't as down with fucking the freshman guys (definitely not as easy to pull off a frosh/soph guy banging junior/senior girls). These upperclass girls start looking for the next best thing. A guy living the beach lifestyle with logistics, and places on lockdown with more cash to throw around than the average college dude I think could clean up.

I also have had the experience that social circle game I only think works to a man's advantage if it is his social circle and he has sway over who is in it. Trying to join in on some chick's social circle is too much cock-block, and beating her "friend committee", plus history and drama to boot. Better off being the lone anonymous wolf to her or pulling her to your scene.

I am tall, keep in good shape (lifting heavy, swimming), have the laid back SoCal vibe, can turn up the to "bro" vibe if need be on certain chicks, I got party stamina, old liquor and greens never can hold me down, shots invited.

Hell if I cleaned up year 1 may stay for another year or two. After that experience I could move to a "big boy" city like Miami, Montreal etc, and get a nice trial run in locking down places and logistics.

Really interested in what you guys think, respect your opinions, I consider myself an intermediate and upcoming at the Game.

Especially if Gio decides to drop in, that would be gold.

What will you be doing for money? Do you have a lot of savings?

That has always been the problem with Santa Barbara: lack of job opportunities beyond just working at a bar or restaurant or other shit-job making minimum wage. Plus, rent in Santa Barbara is expensive, especially if you want a decent pad. That is the reason for the lack of competition from non-students in regards to gaming women. If you figure out an angle to make money in SB, then you will definitely have more fun. You may also have to get a roommate, which can be good or bad depending on how much he likes to party.

I go back to SB and hit up State Street every now and then, and it definitely helps to play the "student angle" (if you are young enough to pull it off) like you are planning because those UCSB chicks are pretty vapid and mainly know how to talk about school and partying.

Messages In This Thread