rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

faith in God

faith in God

Quote: (09-08-2010 01:13 AM)thekiller Wrote:  

Catholics do not make all Christians, as for pedophilia, you don't have to be religious to be a sicko.

You missed the point. The problem was not the fact that some priests were pedophiles. The problem was how the Church reacted when they knew. Imagine that you find out your employee raped a child. What would a reasonable person do? Call cops and let them deal with that. What did the Church do? They covered them up, and even helped them to hurt more children by transferring them to different regions or countries where nobody knew them.

Quote:Quote:

Abortion doctors being killed is rare. Every group has it wackos, like the animal activists that blow up labs, the environmentalists that puts spikes in trees to hurt loggers, etc.

You again missed the point. If not for religion, why else would Scott Philip murder George Tiller? If not for religion, why would 9/11 terrorists flew the plane into WTC killing thousands of people? That is why I said it takes religion to force otherwise good people to do bad things.

As for Atheist, secular nations, that's a major tenant of Communism. Communist countries have a great track record of human rights and tolerance, right?

Let's get your facts straight. The three most secular nations in the world are Sweden, Denmark and Finland. Which one of them has Communism? Please enlighten us!

And just in case, do you know that Nazi Germany was very Christian, and the Church (and pope) basically approved everything Hitler did - pretty much the same way as they approved slavery and torture (inquisition) before?

here's a quote on that:Nobel prize winner Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, who grew up under the atheistic communism of the Soviet Union, stated the following about the influence of atheism as a central component of communism:

"Militant atheism is not merely incidental or marginal to Communist policy; it is not a side effect, but the central pivot. To achieve its diabolical ends, Communism needs to control a population devoid of religious and national feeling, and this entails a destruction of faith and nationhood. Communists proclaim both of these objectives openly, and just as openly put them into practice."(Alexander Solzhenitsyn)

I didn't really understand what you tried to prove by using this argument. As I said, most secular nations of the world did not have any Communism. Could you please elaborate?

As for popular culture being anti-Christian, there are books and blogs on the subject Hydro and Nemesis. But just open your eyes and read almost any news, or watch any TV show. Christians are portrayed as ignorant, bigoted, intolerant. The movie The Mist is kind of typical, the Christian lady is an extreme problem that the heroes literally have to kill. Pick up any issue of the New York Times. Christian-neutral I have no problem with, but hostile is too common these days.

So you yet again failed to provide any examples? Why? I am old-fashioned and believe that if you made a point, it is your responsibility to defend it, and you cannot put the burden on me by just saying that "there are some books or blogs - go find them". Please be specific.

Just look where Obama spends most of his money, to the Unions.

IMHO even that is still better than spending it to fight stupid wars overseas.

Messages In This Thread