rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

faith in God

faith in God

Quote: (07-20-2010 01:42 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

I disagree with some of this. A Christian can have an affair with a married woman and still be saved or a Christian.

This seems to be a typical Catholic view, which is mostly business-oriented. Their goal is to keep a person in their church forever, accepting as many donations as possible. They are in a business, and didn't really go far away from Middle Ages when they ran a successful business selling indulgences. Eastern Orthodox or Jehovah Witness religion is much stricter in this case.

But in any case it is just speculation. Nobody could be sure he is going to be saved, because this would be an attempt to judge yourself, and you could hardly be expected an unbiased judge. I once read an article which claimed that roughly 70% of prison population consider themselves innocent and not deserving prison time, so assuming that half of those who believe they gonna make it into heaven would not make it seems like a safe bet to me.

Quote:Quote:

A sin is a sin and just because you have faith in God doesnt mean your gonna stop sinning completely.

Then, assuming there is god which really watches us (lol), what makes one different when you have a Christian murderer and atheist murderer? If the only difference is that Christian believes he murders in the god's name (Allah akbar?) or asks for forgiveness afterward, do you really believe this would be enough? This doesn't even work in human court, and unlike your regular judge, god is expected to know what you really think and why you really did that. Do you really think that blaming Satan for your actions would cut you any slack?

Messages In This Thread