rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dilemma: MacBook Air Or Pro?

Dilemma: MacBook Air Or Pro?

On Friday, I ordered an MBP online through the Future Shop site, which I only received today while they were advertising same day delivery, but that's another story...and started using it at around 8pm here. At the time I started using it fresh off the box, the battery was at 72%. About an hour after I started using it, while browsing online, it shut down on its own, followed by a strong burning smell coming from the inside of the MBP.

After that happened, the battery is not working anymore. To use it, I have to have the laptop plugged. But even while it's plugged, it shows on the battery bar status as "battery is not charging".

I have never had any problem like that with any previous laptops, whether PC or Mac. I'm totally bummed by that as I was very much looking forward to start finally working on it.

Of course I'm going to return this crap tomorrow morning and have it replaced by another one.

Wanted to know if anyone else has ever had a similar experience with a Mac laptop before? Or if this is a known issue with the previous version of the MBP?

I got the "older" version of the MBP as to me, it's the one that best suits my needs as it has everything I want, plus has a great flexibility in upgrading it later, not to mention a CD/DVD drive. I could have got the new MBP but I don't want to spend 1600/1700+ for something that I can get for about 1100 tops at this time.

Should I forget about the convenience and tested reliability/solidity/power of the previous generation of MBP and go for the newer, faster, shinier but untested and less powerful MBP?

Totally stunned by what happened with a brand spanking new Macbook Pro to say the least! This is a computer I want to keep for a while and take with me on my travels as it will be the base and foundation of my businesses and empire. Thoughts on that guys?

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread