rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dilemma: MacBook Air Or Pro?

Dilemma: MacBook Air Or Pro?

Guys,
Thank you everyone for all your valuable input! Very much appreciated!
I do LOVE the new MBA, the 12 hour battery life along with its ultra light weight is simply too hard to resist. However, thinking logically, the MBP is much more powerful and at about the same price if not cheaper than the new MBA pimped up. I am going to wait till next week as there are strong rumours that there might be a newer model of the MBP released next week with a stronger battery (12 hours too?). If there will be an MBP released next week with a 12 hour lasting battery, then it's a no brainer, I'm getting the newer MBP. If not, it's going to be a hard choice as the allure of the new MBA is way too hard to resist specially the 12 hour battery life! Can you imagine how awesome it will be to be able to work all day long without a recharge? Or how about being able to work during a 12 hour flight to Asia or South America? Unreal!

Btw, here's an awesome link comparing the various MBAs and MBPs:
http://guides.macrumors.com/Which_Apple_...d_I_buy%3F

Another great link:
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Air

Here's a question to the techies out there:
Between the processor and the memory, if you were to upgrade only one, at least initially, which one would be the most beneficial? Specially on the newer MBA: going from 1.3GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz to the 1.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz OR upgrading the memory from a 4GB to an 8GB?

Last question for now: how long is the life span of a battery on both the MBA and MBP? How many recharges can it sustain? I saw on a French documentary that the Iphone's battery has a life span of 1000 recharges. Is it the same for the MBA and MBP?

Thanks again guys for all your input!

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread