rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman Coughs Up 50 Grand To Freeze Eggs, Encourages Other Women To Do Same

Woman Coughs Up 50 Grand To Freeze Eggs, Encourages Other Women To Do Same

Quote: (03-13-2018 01:37 AM)Scoundrel Wrote:  

From the Washington Post article:

Quote:Quote:

Two eggs failed to survive the thawing process. Three more failed to fertilize. That left six embryos, of which five appeared to be abnormal. The last one was implanted in her uterus. On the morning of March 7, she got the devastating news that it, too, had failed.

Adams was not pregnant, and her chances of carrying her genetic child had just dropped to near zero. She remembers screaming like “a wild animal,” throwing books, papers, her laptop — and collapsing to the ground.

“It was one of the worst days of my life. There were so many emotions. I was sad. I was angry. I was ashamed,” she said. “I questioned, ‘Why me?’ ‘What did I do wrong?’ ”

She's pregnant now, albeit with someone else's embryo. Assuming she actually gives birth, the baby will have no genetic connection to her whatsoever.

Then there's this doozy of a story, about a different woman:

Quote:Quote:

When MeiMei Fox froze her eggs at 37, the process went more smoothly than she expected. The retrieval, where the doctor removes eggs from the ovaries with a long needle, went without a hitch. She remembers going home and taking a nap.

“I was thrilled and thought it was the best decision I ever made,” she said.

Fox immediately started dating “without thinking about long-term commitments but just enjoying the moment.” She blogged about her experience in HuffPost. As fate would have it, she found “the love of her life,” a filmmaker and fellow writer, months later. The two were soon married.

For almost two years, they tried to get pregnant naturally. When Fox was about to turn 40, she decided to use her frozen eggs.

She was living in Los Angeles; her eggs were in San Francisco. Her new clinic called her old clinic and had them shipped south.

“They knew from the minute they opened the package something was wrong,” Fox recalled. A lab tech later showed her the straws in which the eggs were stored, and how they had leaked.

Fox was beyond devastated. But after three years of traditional IVF and fertility treatments with her current eggs, she gave birth to twin boys.

“There’s a happy ending, but with a lot of pain and heartbreak and $100,000 along the way,” she said. “Their grandparents are always asking if I started their college fund. I’m like, ‘The college fund went into creating them.’ ”

I have been saying that this industry is a ATM for consistent money. You are selling women a crude gamble to hedge against nature with no promise. Women pay big money to roll the dice and you still get your money in the end.

Messages In This Thread