rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Laredo, Texas Trip Report: Are you a homERsexual?

Laredo, Texas Trip Report: Are you a homERsexual?

New here. There’s an intro thread in the noob forum.

It takes me about a day to get to the Tex-Mex border on my motorcycle and Laredo, TX is one of my crossing points into Mexico on my solo rides. When I do get to Laredo I generally stay at the La Posada hotel. This is a historic hotel that was once a convent and later became Laredo’s first high school. The hotel complex also has a very nice steakhouse (The Tack Room), which is also a historic building that was at one time a residence, later housed a telephone company, and is now the aforementioned steakhouse. Nice bar inside this restaurant. See the link for info on the hotel and restaurant http://laposada1-px.trvlclick.com/

Generally I get to the hotel before nightfall. I check in, unload and do PM on the bike, get cleaned up and then grab dinner at the bar in the steakhouse. I cross the border the next morning at first light.

I entered the bar that evening at dinner time and noticed two people sitting at the bar. A very attractive woman in business attire, an empty stool to her right, and then next to the empty stool was a local cowboy. As I walked in I noticed that the cowboy glanced over at the woman a couple of times. However, he was not talking to her. So I took the empty stool that was between them, nodded hello to each and ordered a scotch. When my drink arrived I took a swig and put it down. The cowboy then asked me, “Are you a homERsexual?” I chuckled as I answered, “no, why do you ask?” He said, “Because your nails are somewhat long and they are shiny like if you had a manicure.” He must have noticed this when I raised the glass to drink with my right hand. I then answered, “Well why don’t you think about who is sitting next to the good-looking woman now. This stool was empty when I got here; you weren’t sitting next to her, and so allow me ask you something, Sir. Are you a homERsexual?”

Feel free to comment in the interim. More coming up…

Messages In This Thread