rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tashkent - Uzbekistan

Tashkent - Uzbekistan

Excellent post. I was in Tashkent only one week but found it a very interesting place. My current profile pic is from a photo I took from a park in Tashkent [Image: smile.gif] The racial diversity in Tashkent is very interesting. Locals are insanely nice.

My experience was a bit different from Prosal in some ways. I should point out that there is a bit of an "industrial shithole" vibe in Uzbekistan, I mean it feels like Ukraine in some ways.

As mentioned, I also thought the food was very good. A local took me to a restaurant that was really good and very very cheap, like $3 a meal. As a foreigner, restaurants will often try to charge you extra, in some cases double. Sometimes prices aren't listed, and bills are hand written.

Unfortunately, I did not get a flag. I almost took a girl home from Niagara, but I wasn't really sure if she was a pro or not, so at the last minute, I just left her there at the club. As it turns out, I won't have been able to take her back to my hotel anyway. My hotel, as some other hotels there, do no allow guests.

Quote: (05-01-2013 02:14 AM)Prosal Wrote:  

There are cops (militziya) on every corner and street-crime is non-existent, thanks to the dictatorship regime. Never been stopped nor hassled by cops BTW.

I used the metro only one time. When I did, I was stopped by the cops. I was only carrying a xerox copy of my passport, not the real thing. I was taken to a room for one hour as they investigated my passport and visa. It was very unnerving. Always carry your passport in Tashkent!

Also, when leaving Tashkent via the airport, I was taken to a room where a cop searched my luggage, pockets, and looked through my wallet. He was specifically looking for how much cash I had on me (you only allowed to leave the country with something like 300 USD cash).

Prosal, have you been to Almaty?

Messages In This Thread