rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mark Zuckerberg's Wife

Mark Zuckerberg's Wife

Quote: (04-25-2013 05:31 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Around 50% of my class in law school does not have a job right now. It's a bloodbath.

Had they gone to the same school in the 1960's they'd have a job upon graduation and well on their way to a prestigious life.

How can you say there is no luck?

If I'm reading you correctly, you consider "forces outside of one's control" to be bad luck. Is that how you define luck?

In the 1960s they wouldn't have gotten into law school, as the law school industrial complex didn't exist.

What you're calling "luck" is what Sun Tzu and other military writers call the background or battlefield.

You can't control the background circumstance, but you can control how you respond to the circumstances.

The economy wasn't exactly booming when I graduated. But I was networking with men 10-20 years older than me. Because of that, bad career luck never hit me.

As the I Ching notes, "Be prepared, and you will be lucky," and, "When you have means but are not getting anywhere, seek appropriate associates, and you will be lucky."

There's a reason I tell guys that they should have male friends 10, 20, and 30 years older than they are. If you're friends are already established, the "bad luck" of the economy is less likely to impact you.

Someday I'll fully explain these points.

Messages In This Thread