rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How about living on a boat?

How about living on a boat?

Quote: (07-09-2010 01:01 PM)gringoed Wrote:  

What about fuel charges? Assuming you don't want to sail, I'd imagine fuel charges would be astronomical for a larger boat if you move around.

Fuel is the dealbreaker.

Gas costs my business about $1700 to 2k a week, and I pay wholesale. Some weeks that's a very tough nut to cover. I figure I work one out of 5 days to cover fuel, and one to cover insurance, taxes and other bullshit costs.

When you start moving around long distances, you have to factor in the cost of running generators as well as powering the boat.

Some rich guy came into Haleiwa Small Boat Harbor the other day, and the crew showed me around his yacht. The thing was maybe 90 feet long. They had flat tv's and so much other electronic crap everywhere. They were fueling directly into the boat from a truck, and they only had a wholesale deal in their home port somewhere in the mainland. They were paying maybe 20 cents a gallon over the normal pump prices for diesel. That had to be outrageous.

Aloha!

Messages In This Thread