rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How about living on a boat?

How about living on a boat?

Quote: (07-03-2010 02:08 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

Ive fantasized about this for a while. The only drawback is that I get very seasick. So it may always remain a fantasy, but I'm looking into possible solutions to the sickness.

Regarding the skin cancer, there are things that you can eat that naturally protect your skin and reduce damage from the sun. Lycopene is one of them, the best source is tomato paste, 5 spoons a day has been shown to reduce sun damage by 30%.

Reading some of the links you posted, the one big disadvantage I see for me or anybody that works mobile is the damage to electronic equipment. One of the guys said that cameras, computers etc only last a year at the most. I guess computers are cheap now and you can get one for less than $500. But, still it is a pain having to buy a new one every few months.

The other thing I noticed that the port fees, specially in popular locations can be very high, almost the cost of a mid level hotel room. It can get quite expensive if you are anchoring around the Med for example.

Messages In This Thread