rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Old Town Scottsdale Data Sheet

Old Town Scottsdale Data Sheet

I live down in Southern Arizona and I make it up to Tempe/Old Town Scottsdale at least once a month. It is pretty much the only place in Arizona with decent nightlife. If anyone is thinking about hitting up that place, Feb. through April is the time to go. The college crowd is out in force and Spring Training brings in talent from across the country. When I first moved here I thought Spring Training would only bring in guys looking to watch baseball and party but was surprised by the groups of girls that hit the town. Everything around there really picks up during that time and the vibe is pretty cool.

I agree with Jason on the Courtyard Marriott in Tempe. I stay at the Courtyard almost every time I go up there. I typically start my night out on Mill Ave. and if you arent' feeling it, it is a $20.00 cab ride to Old Town Scottsdale. Some nights I enjoyed the energy of Mill and sometimes I couldn't wait to get out of there. Just depends on the vibe during the particular night as it can be hit or miss (at least for me). The good thing about the Courtyard is if you pull it is 5 minute walk to your room.

I will really miss Robbie Foxes and Canteen. Had alot of fun nights there and was able to pull post college girls out of there on a couple of different occasions. As you would guess mainly an ASU crowd but there was somewhat of a mix with an older crowd that came in from Phoenix.

Old Town Scottsdale is changing much like Tempe. Axis Radius and Martini Ranch are gone and the Wild Knight was supposedly remodeled and has been renamed. Mill Ave is good for bars (the most happening place being Firehouse) and Old Town is the place for clubs. American Junkie in Old Town might as well be on Mill Ave. because everyone in there is an ASU student.

The main issue I have ran into in Old Town is that girls roll out in groups 5-6 strong. You almost feel like a lion in Africa trying to cut a gazelle out of the herd. If you are in a group or have a wingman your chances really go up. Alot of the Scottsdale girls are well trained in the art of getting free drinks then flaking off and you can expect some attitude but as the night progresses things usually get better. Pretty much like anywhere else.

The above Data Sheet is right on the money with the exception of a few recent changes. Hope that helps.

Messages In This Thread